January 20, 2008

It's Sunday? Again?!

It's Sunday again and I'm not reading or participating in Sunday Salon (TSS). Ok, I'm kinda reading The Luxe by Anna Godbersen, but not officially (can you not read a book officially?) and I've posed this which I guess could be participation...

In other news. Our house, an old double wide modular that looks as if it's seen more bad days than good, is sitting on what used to be an orchard. Now, I don't know how many of you have walked through an orchard in spring or winter, but the ground is so soft and moist it causes things to, well, shift and sink. I'm not saying the house is officially tipping, but it sure feels and looks that way. Or at least half of it does. That being the case we are looking to move. I'd love to get my Grandmother's old place, but unless the roof has been replaced that's a no-go (there was an electrical fire, supposedly. I have other ideas.) That leaves me with a house to clean just in case I find something. Up here, things go fast and deposits are a killer; there's no way I'm going to pay rent for two houses when I' only living in one.

Now, off to clean this warmth-forsaken place so I can get back to work. Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment