June 14, 2008

Midnight Research

I've been doing research this week of the... unique kind. After browsing the blogs of some of my favorite authors and noticing how many of them have published well over 10 novels in less than 5 years while I have yet to publish one, a spark has been lit within me. Jealousy and envy have officially renewed my passion to complete my own novels. So begins a new round of research.

This time I've been researching the early erotic novel. Yes, I know! This is quite a shocking subject for me to be researching, but my new novel demands to be told. What's left to do but cave, do the research and tell it? What I have found so far is a collection of rather... interesting titles; The Gentleman's Bottle companion and Songs of Innocence and of Experience just to name a few. It's always interesting what comes up with a little aggressive digging. Always interesting, I'm hopping that this will be one of my more entertaining ideas.

Of course, doing research of any kind after midnight will leave one hopping for the best. With the mind as foggy and sleep deprived as mine is, I can almost believe it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment