June 23, 2008

No time for reading in another Sunday Salon

Ok, so my posting times tend to run a bit on the dark side of the day. Sue me. On second thought, please don't. I'm broke as it is!

It's Sunday again, the start of another week and another Sunday Salon. It's just too bad neither have gone the way I would have liked. Don't get me wrong, the day was well enough but I got next to nill done from my weekend to-do list. I'm not surprised, really, as this is the norm for me.

To keep those of you who are here for the books interested, I've got two on my plate this week. The first is Three Nights Of Sin by Anne Mallory. I've been reading this one for the past couple of days and am currently on page 192 of 371. Despite my very slow progression through the novel, I like it. The writing is very smooth and easy to read, the situation the characters find themselves in is actually believable and not forced, and the romance is not quite so blatant. (As we all know, over stressed romance can actually ruin a book. Yes, it's a well known fact... erm, I think). Well, in my opinion anyways. Still hate the cover, though. I'm not adverse to a hot guy all over a hot girl, but when it makes the novel appear like some smut-fest? Shesh!

The second book is Eve Kenin's Hidden, the sequel to Driven. The first wasn't horrible, save maybe a bit over weighed with made-up terms. Essential for creating a nice sci-fi environment, but when over done? Annoying. I hope she mellowed down with this new book. She has a nice plot going that could make for a nice series. That is if she doesn't send us to sleep with over defining!

Lastly, I have a new bird! I've never had one before, save for chickens, so I'm feeling a little excited. He was originally part of a pair but his mate was taken by another to be with his bird. It's sad, really. My poor little guy has lost his birdy girlfriend and is now stuck in a new home with strangers! I don't feel too sad, though. His name is Q and his mate was Barbie... Get it? Barbi. Q. *sigh* It's like some sad redneck joke! And before you get all uppity, I live in the middle of a cow-town and I know my fair number of rednecks.

I'm off to bed before I insult anybody else...

No comments:

Post a Comment