July 6, 2008

TSS: A midnight snack

It is a little after midnight here in sunny *cough* California and I'm still wide awake. That's fine, I suppose, since it is Sunday and I'm a creative soul (so I've done little to be called creative today. That's nothing to fuss over). I needed to blog about my latest read, DEAD GIRLS ARE EASY by Terri Garey, before I forget what I thought about it in my sleeping hours. Why can't I just write it down? What fun would that be?!

So, as I just stated, I've finished Terri Garey's DEAD GIRLS ARE EASY. Now, at first it was a bit odd. It read like a blog and I got the wrong impression of Nicki (seriously, she's not goth and is more like a rich, dark, er, romantic emo?). It also seamed like a re-hash of Medium/Ghost Whisperer (god, I hate that show!) but I'm happy to say it wasn't. Nicki Styx is a smartalic romantic-punk who, after a brush with death, can see ghosts.

I wouldn't call the book 'edgy but Garey managed to pull off a very entertaining story that wasn't too bogged down with a sappy, melodramatic romance. Joe (the good Dr.) was entertaining and made a great partner for Nicki. And while I couldn't call Garey's writing style the best, her imagination alone created enough of a 'good thing' with it's twisted plot, sharp and unexpected turns turns, and great humor that I'd gladly read the next Nicki Styx novel.

As a matter-of-fact I'm off to read it now (who needs sleep anyways, hum?)

Buy it now! Kindle - Amazon - Barns & Noble - Books-a-Million- Borders - Waldens

No comments:

Post a Comment