June 17, 2010

Smurfs in 3D

I've been neglecting my blog reading again. I can't really say it's because I'm gussy or because I'm lazy, though. I finished school with a very unsatisfying report and have since started the summer session--oh, how I miss my 1 week summer vacation! Anyways, I moseyed over to Suvudu to read through their posts and came across this one and, ultimately, this trailer.


Smurfs. Little blue creatures that started life as a Belgian comic by the cartoonist Peyo and quickly grew to be the childhood TV series that most of us--who grew up in the 1980's--remember and love to this day. And now, you guessed it, a live-action meats 3D movie. If you've seen the Garfield movie, you're probably having heart palpitations now. I would, too, if I weren't secretly awed the the possibility of Smurfs in the real world. Yes, I'm scared that my childhood memories will be ripped from my memories with tarnished fingers--Garfield was utterly traumatizing, especially since it refuses to die down--to be laid to waste on my TV screen. But you know? I'm still kinda excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment