October 20, 2007

Goodies The Way I Hate Them

I hate my post office. I just HATE it! Why do they have to stuff it full of junk mail--stuff everybody throws away or pushes back out--and ruin the stuff you actually want to keep? Are they too lazy to make sure things don't get munched or do they find some sort of sick pleasure in folding long envelopes and tearing corners?

The wonderful Jeri Smith-Ready sent me a little package with cover-flats of her two books EYES OF CROW and VOICE OF CROW. She also sent an original cover-flat for VOICE OF CROW (image 3) which I like better the the one they chose (and the bro thinks it just creepy. But what does he know?) Well, the damn post office folded the covers in half and stuffed them in my mail box. Completely munched them. I'm hopping a few days of sitting squished between two tea trays under a 5+lb cast-iron tea pot will help flatten them and smooth the kinks out. I am so filing a complaint!









I also received a copy of CHRISTMAS BY CANDLELIGHT by Helen Dickson and Michelle Styles which will be released in the UK as a two story novel from Mills and Boon. Michelle had asked me to review her story A CHRISTMAS WEDDING WAGER, a novel to be released December from Harlequin Historicals. I only have 1 novel of holiday significance to review so of course I jumped on this one. I may not be a Christian, but I still enjoy Christmas stories.

I've put SIN AND SCANDAL IN ENGLAND by Melody Thomas aside. Sorry, I just can't read it! I really don't know why, I just cant. A book shouldn't take me more than a week to read, and this one has taken nearly 10 days. When I have over 150 books that need reviewing, a min of 9 per month, I don't have time dragging one I can't finish in 4 days around with me. Nope, sorry. Have to move on. Don't worry, though, the book has been passed down the line. What am I going to read next? Hum...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber just come over to say hello and looking forward to seeing you in the Sunday Salon.

    I think you're right about the third cover BTW - much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Clare, thanks for stopping by. Deffinetly looking forward to Sunday Salon!

    And the cover?! Most deffenetly more interesting!

    ReplyDelete