October 15, 2007

The Universe

The universe loves to mess with me. At least that's the conclusion I came to today as I slipped into a tank top and walking shoes then headed out the door for a mid-day walk (I don't run, it's bad for your knees and causes your cheeks to sag. Yuck.) only to have the sky open up and spit pea sized droplets at me. Just great. To top it off the little burger shack at the end of the road is having their (some year) anniversary. Just what I need, free Sundays to tempt me when I'm exercising to loose weight. Come on, universe! There has to be a sliver lining here somewhere! Er, no pun intend.

Are two packages sitting on my desk considered as a sliver lining? ONE BITE STAND by Nina Bangs (a paranormal romance about a vampire --again-- and a harpy --that's a first one!-- who have to keep their hands off each other long enough to stop a universal catastrophe) and EVERYTHING FORBIDDEN by Jess Michaels (an historical erotica that I'm hopping does not involve cheating, 3-soms, and one-night-stands--unless, of course, it's with the same guy.) No mangas, though, and I haven't yet received the package from Harlequin with Robin D. Owen's books. I should be receiving an ARC of book 4 (I think) of her series any day now, but I want books 1-3 NOW!

As If I don't have enough books I need to read as it is. The darn things are taking up more space than I have right now. But do you hear me complaining? Oh, shut up! I can hear you! I'm thinking of accepting applications for reviewers then putting them on a one or two month probation reading e-books. Hey, it's just a thought, let me know what you think.

I've been reading SIN AND SCANDAL IN ENGLAND by Melody Thomas. It's not to bad so far. Of course I'm only on page 76, so ask me again in the morning. But I've gata say, there are two things that are buggin' me about this one. First, the cover is a bit... eh. Yah, he's hot, she's gorgeous, and they both just gata hit the sack. So why are they both half naked IN THE SNOW? Men, let me tell you being half naked in the snow is no turn on. Parts start to shrivel in on them selves while other parts tend to turn an unappealing purple. Romp in the snow all you want, but keep the action someplace warm! Secondly, why does EVERY THING have to be mirrored/portrayed/reflected/etc through the eyes? Ug! Authors and perspective authors, come up with other ways to show attraction, emotion, and longing other than eyes and the neither regions and I'll love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment