October 24, 2007

Time and Me

Damn, I'm running so far behind. I'm 3 books behind schedule and still have the updates of the site to do. Damn, no time for actual writing for me. The person who said they'll wait for a free weekend to write their novel should be slapped upside the head with a shovel.

I currently have 1862 pages of standard book print that need to be read by the end of the month. That calculates to approximately 46 hours and 33 mins of reading (I read 2 pages in 3 mins.) And with 8 days left this month, that's roughly 6 hours reading each day. Yah. No sleeping for me this week! I suppose I can neglect the web site and any graphic design that's requested, but I need to work to make money to pay the rent and my electricity, without which I will get no reading done. I've done the reading by candlelight thing, and it's no fun. I can always try skipping food and sleep, but I'm sure passing out in the middle of, well, anything wouldn't be to good. I guess I better learn to become a faster reader or get some more reviewers added to the site.

In other news, it's ever so slowly inching in to fall here. The leaves are changing and when it's raining, its definitely fall. But other times, such as now, you'd think it was still September. Yesterday was a whopping 84F. and I'm sure today is competing, if not besting, that reading. Ha! and people say there is no such thing as global warming (or cooling). Those disputing that there is a problem should also be slapped upside the head with a shovel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Amber. I don't have your address. This is Debra from The Sunday Salon. I'm writing to the people who've signed on because I'm having problems with the group feed. I know you haven't posted yet, so this doesn't effect your current posts. But I've written:

    "I think what will work better is if I restrict the filtering to the subject of a post only. So, what I'm asking you to try is to add either "Sunday Salon" or "TSS" (without the quotes) to the TITLE of your Salon posts, and to republish your renamed posts. (If they already have Sunday Salon or TSS in the title, you need do nothing.)"

    Email me if you have questions: debra_hamel(at)earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete