December 17, 2007

New Year's Resolutions - A look back at 2007

Ok, reading A Red Hot New Year has got me thinking about my new year's resolutions and what needs to be carried over from last you. So I dug through some old posts and found a list I had created to ring in 2007. The conclusion? Well, let's just see.
My New Years Resolutions for 2007

- Complete 1 manuscript (75,000 words or larger)
Nope, Never did complete that.

- Complete and Submit 3 professional short stories
Didn't really do that ether.

- Update web site more often
Oh, drat! Not another one I didn't meet!
- Update blog more often
Yes! Blog has been updated much more than last year. Check!
- Take more photographs
Since I didn't buy that camera I wanted, this one is also a nope.
- Find my own place
At roughly $800 for a one bed room, this one has been a bit harder to accomplish.
- Get 'The Gilded Pen' off the ground
I like to think that I'm almost there. A few more updates and she'll be moving smoothly.
- Read (completely, the whole way through, and enjoy) 50 novels
Hum, 50 novels, let me see... Read at least 35 books that I can remember. Of those I know I enjoyed 23 . So nope. Goal not met.
- Knit a bedspread (or afghan the size of a full size bed)
Oh, I can't believe this is one of my resolutions! I knit a scarf. That's it.
- Knit a pair of socks or slippers
See above.
- Knit something with beads
Scarf did not have beads on it, so nope.
- Send out more birthday gifts/cards
I truly am a horible person. If anything, this year I sent out less.
- Plant a garden
I planted basil, parsley, and some flowers. Not quite a garden but close enough. Check.
- Grow my own Tea
Nope.
- Exercise 30 mins/day, 5days/week
I did for quite a while, then it just got too darn hot! Goal not met.
- Lose 96 lbs
Darn, only lost about 18. Hey, that's better than nothing, right?
- Set more personal deadlines
Check. More Deadlines set. I didn't specify that I hat to meet them.
- Go to bed by 11pm, and wake up by 8am
Why, this one is quite laughable.
- Get out more
Hum, got out less...
- Make more money
Oh, I did this one! I know it's not as much as I would have liked, but it was more than before. Check!
- Be more tidy
Look, another laughable resolution.
- Pay off some bills
Off as in extinct? Nope, there all still here.
- Don't accumulate any more bills that will need to be payed off
Let me think... Well, I didn't get any more credit cards. Does that count?
- Work with my horse so I can ride her
Yah, right. Didn't happen, not going to happen. Let's just forget about it and move on.
- Go through boxes (yah, all those hiding in my closet and under the bed)
Check. Went through boxes. Not all of them, but I did 'go through boxes'...
Wow, there are very many goals completed are there? I guess I'll have to think really hard on next years. Maybe I'll leave out some of those silly ones. In bed by 11pm?! Who was I kidding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment