December 2, 2007

Sunday Salon: All the Pretty Girls - 2

I always plan to do one of these right, but the day never turns out the way I'd like. As you can guess by the title it's Sunday again and I'm making a last ditch-effort in participating in this week's Sunday Salon.

I finally finished ALL THE PRETTY GIRLS by J.T. Ellison and all I have to say is: Wow. Quite honestly this has got to be one of the most involved stories I have ever read that I could actually stand to finish. Ellison has created a very intriguing plot with many twists and turns, and plenty of gore. The characters where not as 3-dimensional as I am used to and the ending a bit lacking, but the story was still very entertaining. I admit I even felt sorry for the serial killer. If ALL THE PRETTY GIRLS is any indication, J.T. Ellison has a great career ahead of her. For all those who like crime novels, this one's for you.

To finish off Sunday Salon and to start my Monday I've pulled down LAIRD OF THE MIST by Paula Quinn and THE LUXE by Anna Godbersen (teen) from my TBR shelf. Not sure which I'll read first, though. I'm actually in the mood for another crime novel (oh, shocking!)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:25 AM

    Amber, give in and read another crime novel. I always find my 'feelings' in this area reflect what I actually need and you won't give your attention to anything else if your mind wants to be elsewhere. If you feel you're being indulgent think of it as being fair to the writers to whom you would be being inattentive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. I've found that if I force my self to read a book I'm really not in the mood to read, it not only takes me three times as long to finish but I don't enjoy it, either.

    Normally I tend to group my novels together for easy genre accessibility, so there are at least 3 crime novels from last month that need to be read and one for next month. It never hurts to get a head start.

    ReplyDelete