August 30, 2008

Oh, Goodies!

I went to town yesterday which is always a very interesting experience. First: let me tell you that it's not a town but a small city. At least thats what everyone is saying and since there are so many more people there than in my town, I'd have to agree with them. Second: it was 108 here in Northern California. 108F and us with a 16 year-old van with no air conditioning and only 2 roll-downable windows! Needless to say the ride was not all that pleasant but could have been worse. But it was fun. The day that is, not the ride. Since we where only there to pick up some baby mice (their mama was squished!) we didn't have any houses lined up and didn't have the urge to look for any, so we spent the day in the mall and shopping (though, believe it or not, we bought very little. And now that I think of it, I didn't go into one bookstore. I must be loosing my touch).

I did come home to goodies though! A small package from Random House and a large one from Harper Collins. Who needs to go to the bookstore when you're a reviewer. Ok, I guess I do. There are some interesting books coming out this next month (another Bladesman book, titles by Jodi Picoult, Elizabeth Boyle, and Diane Mott Davidson), and I even have extras I can use as goodies. 4 or them, actually. Yay!

I guess I better work on the site some more so I can set up some contests. Yah, I could set them up now, but the blog for The Gilded Pen isn't working either. *sigh* You gata love technology... right?

2 comments:

  1. 108 in Northern California? Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm way up here. 88 miles north of Sacramento, 140 miles south of the Oregon border. Stuck between two volcanoes and at the top of the Sacramento valley. I'm up here stuck in Tehama county and a quick jaunt to Chico.

    And, yup, 108. It did reach 115 the day before, but I got to sit at home and (attempt) to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete