November 1, 2007

"November's Agenda" or "How I Plan To Die"

Wow, ominous title, isn't it? If you knew all I had planed for this month I'm sure you'd agree with it. Luckily for you your reading my blog and I plan on telling you all about it.

Okay, so firstly we have NaNoWriMo. Oy! I honestly don't know why I do this every year. I've never completed a novel and probably never will, but I guess I enjoy it no matter how much I whine or complain about it. What is NaNo you ask? National Novel Writer's Month. NaNoWriMo. The concept is for an author, aspiring writer, or whomever, to kick out 50,000+ words (the total for a small novel) before the month is over. No editing, no back tracking, or planing ALLOWED. The novelist is suppose to sit down and write what ever comes to them at the top of their head. Not as simple as you'd expect considering to complete your 50,000+ word requirement you'd need to kick out 1667 words each day! That's like a 6 page term paper, and I know how horrible those where! Ok, fine. I can do it. By my math I would need to spend 2 hours and 47 mins writing (perhaps I should stay away from the math!) Ok, Chuck, got it! I'm on it! Somebody have the wheelbarrow ready to cart me home once this thing is over.

What else is going on... Hum, let's see. Well, I currently have 8 books picked out to read this month. My shipment from Avon hasn't arrived yet and neither have the books I requested from Harlequin, but that doesn't matter. I have 8; that's enough for now.

The estimated reading list is as fallowing:
Sure, no problem. Yah, I like I do this every month (if you haven't noticed, I don't make it that far.)

So now I'm off. A writer's creativity comes in the hours they most need sleep and considering that it's 12:30 and I have a busy day tomorrow, inspiration should flow like water. No wonder creative types are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment