November 17, 2007

Sunday Salon: In Preporation

Ok, so tomorrow is Sunday and Sunday Salon will once again be in full swing. I know I haven't been doing so well to date, but that's not wholly my fault. If only my mind would get on track when I need it to (or at least mind... no pun intended.) If it did I'd have that novel finished, be half way through with NaNo, and be caught up on my reading. But no, it seams to find it extremely funny to come up with ideas and plans until I finally concede only to dumps them in the middle of the road, running the other way giggling madly. Hum. Reminds me of a 3rd great bully I once knew...

Well, not this time. This time I plan on being prepared. I've taken a page from Clare Dudman and put together a list of short novels for this Sunday; YA, suspense, and fiction. I've done (most) of the dishes, prepared the tea kettle, and loaded the radio (Haydn-Symphony No. 45 "Abschiedssinfonie"). Now I just need to get some sleep so I can function in the morning.
Ice Storm by Anne Stuart, Wife For Hire by Janet Evanovich, A Secret Affair by Barbara Taylor Bradford, Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Someone Named Eva by Joan M. Wolf

5 comments:

  1. Is it my imagination, or did the appearance of your blog change between last week and this? At any rate, I like the color scheme as it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I haven't read a Bradford novel in ages but I thought her "Woman of Substance" was the best thing ever in 6th form. I also loved the profile the NYTBR did of her last year, I think it was; it made her sound perfectly rich and fabulous, very much the grand dame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra - Don't think I changed it, but I may have... Who knows? Definitely not me. But glad you like it ^_^

    Imani - "A Secret Affair" would be the first Bradford novel I've read, but it sounds very interesting (a quick page test showed she has a very nice writing style.) I also have a copy of "Dangerous To Know" that I'm thinking of reading latter this week.

    If the size of her name on the cover of both these novels is any indication, she's extremely well known as well. Must do a search for that NYTBR article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, are those Evanovich books as good as her Stephanie Plum series? I've been eagerly awaiting each new Plum book, but another JE book I read wasn't as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I really don't know. I never got around to reading it. I'd very much like too, though, so it might makes it's way back around to my desk.

    ReplyDelete