November 27, 2007

Taking the Mystery out of Suspence

It's warmer today and I like it. For the past week or so it's been in the mid 50's to lover 60's. That's all well and fine, but add to it the biting cold wind and you have a very uncomfortable atmosphere. Yes, I know. Biting cold wind and icy snow are much worse. Shut up, I don't want to hear about it.

I've been keeping my self busy knitting my semi-emo scarf and reading. Is it a coincidence that the book cover and my scarf consist of the same colors? Of course it is. Just because I've been reading a psycho thriller hasn't been putting bad things in my head...

I'm finally up to page 244 of J.T. Ellison's All The Pretty Girls and I think I've figured it out. Damn it. I still have 163 pages till the end and I don't want to go through the whole thing knowing who did it and being pissed off at the characters for not putting their information together to solve the case. Ellison does a great job of creating a scene, of keeping things moving with only minor pauses in stride, and displaying her characters as people, but I don't think I could live through it knowing the outcome so soon. Please, be a surprise ending!!

I've also just received Paula Quinn's Laird Of The Mist (which looks really, really good) and Timothy Knight's Great Kisses... and Famous Lines Right Out of the Movies (which looks like nothing more than a fun page...). Just thought you aught-a know.

No comments:

Post a Comment