November 25, 2007

Sunday Salon: All The Pretty Girls - 1

You know, Sundays would be so much better if they happened during the week. That, or kids had school on Sunday. Though I must admit this current bunch (only 2) is much more quiet than the other. I currently have two very young teen girls glued to the computer monitors in my living room. Both are doing their own separate things, so there is very little giggling, fighting, or yelling (though one keeps singing... off key, too.) So maybe this Sunday Salon will be better than the last ones.

Today I'm attempting to read All The Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison. I've been reading the book for the last couple of days, so I'm already well into it. Sunday saw me starting on page 160 (wasn't that a cawinky-dink?) and I've read 35 pages. It's a very unique book with many twists. You fallow LT. Taylor Jackson, head of Nashville's homicide division, and her lover/boyfriend John Daldwin; and FBI profiler. What starts as a homicide investigation in Nashville turns into an FBI hunt for a serial killer. But that's not the least of it. Throw in a serial rapist, an up-and-coming drug punk, and what may be a corrupt judicial system and you have one complicated story.

So far Ellison has done a nice job with the characters as well as the setup and plot line. It's a bit confusing some times, trying to keep things straight, but boy is it engrossing. Ellison also throws in mini chapters from both the serial killer's and his victim's point of view, which is a nice touch to the novel.

Now, I just left a new victim slain by the killer and our lovely LT dispensing orders, so I bet get back to reading! Hope everybody else is enjoying a good book.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amber,
    I will have to put this book on my to get list! Being from Tennessee!
    Best Regards,
    joeB
    www.fictionviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL The opening scene is a car chase through California with the cops saying "its a good thing we don't live there." Easy for them to say, I do live in Cali!

    The book is very good so far. Full of action, murder, and other nasty things. Very much worth the read.

    ReplyDelete